Online RegistrationYou can register to vote online through Iowa DOT Online Voter Registration.
- An Iowa Driver's License or non-operator ID is required to register in this manner.
Mail-In Voter Registration ApplicationThis form has been made available by the Iowa Secretary of State.
- Download and print the Iowa Voter Registration Application (PDF)
- Complete and sign the form.
- Mail or hand deliver the completed form to:
Muscatine County Auditor
414 E. Third St.
Muscatine, IA 52761
RequirementsYou may register to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a resident of Iowa
- You are at least 17 years old. A person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before Election Day. In the case of Primary elections, a person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before the corresponding General election.
Change of AddressIf you move within the county where you are registered to vote, you may change your address before the close of registration:
- By completing a new registration form
- By making the change in person at the County Auditor's office or other registration sites
Election Day Voter RegistrationTo register to vote on election day, you must provide proof of identity (photo ID) and proof of residency at your current address within the precinct at the polls.
Acceptable Forms of IdentificationThe identification must include a photo and an expiration date:
- Iowa driver’s license
- Iowa non-operator’s ID
- United States passport
- United States military ID
- Identification card from an employer
- Iowa student ID
- Out-of-state driver’s license
- Out-of state non-operator’s driver’s license
- Residential lease
- Utility bill
- Property tax statement
- Bank statement